Tuesday 16 June 2015

Beware of the Package Location in VSRM!

I am working on a few scenarios using VSRM and DSC, and something funny happened. Picking a build up for release, I noticed this:

Capture

Localhost? I am pretty sure I didn’t enter localhost anywhere in VSRM!

And I was right – there was no localhost to be found in my pipeline configuration. But this just caused problems deploying to a different workgroup target server, due to the lack of a proper DNS infrastructure.

The culprit here is the XAML Build I was using, its Drop Location was configured with \\localhost because it is an AIO demo box, and as there is no such name resolution facility VSRM cannot access my source server from the target.

To fix this you’d just need to change the Drop Location of the build.

No comments:

Post a Comment